PRENATAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Offer below is extended to May 21st, 2018
Immerse yourself in Canada's leading Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
Our immersion training is unparalleled in it's approach to impart valuable information and embodied learning to participants. This training not only teaches all the ways you can support pregnancy and birth through yoga, but gently leads you through a process of self-exploration to bring out your unique strengths. Whether for your own practice, as a teacher, in your work with women or in your everyday life, this training can offer tools, knowledge and insight for depth into many areas of personal and professional development. Join us in British Columbia or Ontario for four days of
learning and exploring!
LOCATIONS & DATES
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This training is for anyone looking to learn more about how to serve themselves and others safely and compassionately in pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
- Yoga Teachers/Yogis – gain more knowledge about the body in pregnancy and postpartum. Learn how to teach a full prenatal class or modify for select students. Specialize and brand yourself with a niche in your community – or learn the skills to offer what nobody else does in your town!
- Pregnant or planning – enrich your experience in pregnancy and labour. Learn how to modify your own yoga practice safely. how to strengthen and open your body where it matters most. Calm your mind for more peace in your pregnancy, and learn to carry these tools into postpartum.
- Doulas - gain more experience with meditation and breathing techniques, calming modalities and yoga postures that can greatly improve your client’s experience in pregnancy and labour. Having this added skill set will give you much more to offer and help you to excel in your work as a doula.
- Health care practitioners - add to your skill set with soothing, helpful techniques. Many midwives, maternity nurses and the like who've trained with us say it has improved their ability to serve their patients.
TRAINING SCHEDULE - below is a sample schedule. Days and times vary depending on location.
Friday - 6pm-9pm
Saturday - 9am-6pm
Sunday - 9am- 6pm
Monday - 9am-3pm
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Your training will explore a large variety of important topics through hands-on teaching, workshops, partner and group exercises, explorative mediations, discussion and more. Here are some of the topics we'll cover:
- prenatal anatomy - a close look at changes in each trimester and their importance in yoga practice
- physiological changes that can affect women in pregnancy and postpartum
- safety precautions with breathing techniques and postures
- special comfort measures for students on and off the mat
- postures to relieve common ailments and issues in pregnancy and postpartum
- compassionate language and class dynamics
- calming techniques, meditations, and body awareness in pregnancy and labour
" When women know their worth they support others to remember the same. When we choose love in every interaction we can make incredible things happen."
Mama Be Yoga's Founder & Director
Meet your teacher
Lyndsay is an experienced birth and postpartum doula, yoga teacher, childbirth educator, founder of a yoga studio and owner of Mama Be Yoga. Through her first four years of parenting she was inspired to earn two doula certifications and her yoga teacher designations through the Yoga Alliance which lead her to open a yoga studio focused on serving women through pregnancy and postpartum. She has always had a passion for teaching. Working with women is something she has pursued since she began her career as a journalist and teacher.
She excitedly continues learning about birth and yoga through current literature and practice, working with expectant and new parents, and from others in her community. Spending time with her family, practicing yoga and meditation, and improving her ability to serve families are what she happily chooses to focus her energy on.
Early bird tuition
until June 1st, 2018
Email to reserve your spot in the training. We require a 50% deposit upon registration.
No prenatal yoga experience necessary.
Are you interested in adding a prenatal component to your studio's Yoga Teacher Training program? Let us know!
Cancellation policy - A full refund will be issued up to 60 days before the training start date minus a $75 admin fee. Less than 60 days, and up to 45 days, before training start date 50% of the total training fee minus the admin fee will be issued. No refunds 45 days before the start date of training.