PRENATAL YOGA WORKSHOP
Saturday, July 7th
Designed to educate students on the guidelines for a safe
prenatal and postnatal yoga practice
For yoga teachers, expectant parents, midwives, doulas & anyone wanting to learn more about how to support women in pregnancy. This workshops covers everything you need to know for a safe and healthy practice to support pregnancy and prepare for birth & postpartum.
We'll introduce the following:
- Prenatal anatomy
- Highlighting physiological changes and effects on practice
- Levels of intensity & modifications
- Targeting specific muscles in prenatal yoga
- Postures; does and don't and what to watch out for
- Best postures for common issues in pregnancy
- How to lead through various postures safely
- Props & various uses
- Postpartum body and practice
DATE & LOCATION
JULY 7th, 2018
1506 Burnside Road West
Roundhouse Farm is located in the beautiful Victoria Countryside of Vancouver Island. In addition to the stunning practice room, this location features an apple orchard with a meadow, a full organic garden, scenic views, and a "Secret Garden" which includes a covered tea room.
$50 per person
Email us to register!
About your teacher
Lyndsay has taught over 1000 hours of yoga and family-focused education including prenatal, baby and toddler yoga, childbirth and newborn care education. She has seen the power of women in labour, birth and motherhood in her work as a doula, and the incredible strength and connection yoga can have during this transformative time.